Veestro Product Review
Veestro Product Review
Interested in going Vegan? Here are just a few of the science-based benefits of vegan diets:
- A Vegan Diet Is Richer in Certain Nutrients.
- It Can Help You Lose Excess Weight.
- It Appears to Lower Blood Sugar Levels and Improve Kidney Function.
- A Vegan Diet May Protect Against Certain Cancers.
- It’s Linked to a Lower Risk of Heart Disease.
That is why we were SO excited to test out six of the plant-based meals, as well as two exclusive juices offered in the vast Veestro menu.
The meals and juices sampled for the purposes of this review are seen below.
A La Carte Entrees:
Red Curry with Tofu
Thai Chick’n Stew
Country Fried Chick’n
Rich and I both have never fully experienced vegan meals before and were more than excited to begin this trial with with the impressive Veestro menu.
We first enjoyed the Morning Warrior and The Kale Punch juices whilst on a hike on Flag Rock here in Utah. We both were pleasantly surprised by the intensity of the flavors within each juice!
What we loved most about these juices was not just the rich flavors jam packed into these bottles, but the insane amount of vitamins you receive without any processed garbage
All of the Veestro juices are vegan-friendly, non-gmo, preservative free, and non dairy! So you know that exactly what you are putting into your body and you can trust that they are made from nothing but quality sources.
Next were the A La Carte Entrees & Breakfast meals. Rich had the…
- Country Fried Chick’n
- Breakfast Burrito
- Kale Punch Juice
While I had the…
- Enchilada Casserole
- Red Curry with Tofu
- Lentil Meatloaf
- Thai Chick’n Stew
- Morning Warrior Juice
I thoroughly enjoyed the Country Fried Chick’n and Kale Punch Juice. The juice was delicious and the ingredients were very simple; green apple, pineapple, red apple, kale. The Country Fried Chick’n was a real surprise as I have never experienced a vegan chicken breast, but altogether the meal was delicious, my only complaint is that it was not a sufficient size for me to feel like I didn’t need a snack afterwards. For athletes really trying to hit their macros with each meal, this was a challenge for us.
Finally, I had the Breakfast Burrito which once cooked was a bit more watery than I had anticipated. This meal was a great source of fiber but again I felt myself needing much more afterwards.
I will start with the Lentil Meatloaf as this is the first vegan meal I have ever tried! This was an absolutely delicious meal to me and I desperately wanted more of it, not because the quantity wasn’t enough but because it was so tasty! It had a delicious sauce and veggies that gave me a new love for ‘meatloaf’.
Next, was the Enchilada Casserole, another win for me as I inhaled it about as quickly as it took to prepare it. The seasonings were delicious and it being dairy and gluten free meant that I finally enjoyed a meal that didn’t leave me feeling sick and bloated afterwards.
That evening I had the Red Curry with Tofu, unfortunately this was not the meal for me. Tofu was a new experience I do not wish to revisit. However, Veestro did a great job with the spices, brown rice and mixed vegetables. This would be a perfect meal for someone who was familiar with the texture and taste of tofu.
Finally, the Thai Chick’n Stew, again, another winner for me that I really enjoyed. I thought that the vegan chicken breast was absolutely delicious and I found myself checking the ingredients multiple times, convinced this meal couldn’t be vegan! I love how creative Veestro is with their meals and the simplicity behind the preparation of each one!
- 100% Plant Based: Veestro’s philosophy is more plants are better, however and whenever you can. Eating more plants has been proven to lower your risks of many chronic diseases, including Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s.
- Vast Vegan Menu: Veestro offers four premium ways to order.
- A La Carte – which includes Entrees, Breakfast, Soups, Desserts and Juice
- Meal Packs – which include everything fron Starter Packs to Wedding Prep Packs
- Weight Loss – which include 3, 5 and 7 day-plans.
- Juice Cleanse – which include a complete 3 and 5 day plan, with instructions inside.
- Delicious & Creative: Though there were a select few meals that were not our personal preference, we found the Veestro meals to be quite tasty and gave us a peace of mind of knowing exactly what we were putting into our body and value of nutrition each meal had.
- Price: If you are only interested in purchasing a few meals here and there from Veestro, they will absolutely accommodate that order, however we found that the best ‘bang for your buck’ is likely to be with the Meal Packs.
- Let’s use the example of the Protein Pack (since we are all athletes here and protein is King).
- A Protein Pack from Veestro is $229 total (shipping is FREE with orders over $199). In this pack you will receive an assortment of 25 meals.
- Basic math tells us that you would be receiving preservative-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan friendly meals straight to your door for as little as $9.16 per meal, an incredible value for a well-balanced, healthy meal.
- Shipping & Delivery Dates:
- Portion Sizes: This was something Rich really struggled with as he is a performance athlete in need of high amounts of calories per meal. We found that the Veestro meals were better suited for my dietary needs as I am dairy-free and have a significant less demand for high calorie foods.
Overall the usefulness for athletes we would score at 8.7
Veestro does a fantastic job at catering to the needs of a wide variety of individuals looking to jump-start, maintain or expand their dietary needs. Their competitive prices, ease of use and delicious taste make it easy to say that they have achieved their mission in providing quality meals for time-starved people, especially athletes!
Plant-based meals are Veestro's specialty! Their philosophy is more plants are better, however and whenever you can. Veestro offers everything from weight loss plans to juice cleanse, all the way to a massive 25 item Protein Pack.
- 100% Plant Based
- Vast Vegan Menu
- Perfect For A Wide Variety Of Athletes
- Shipping & Delivery Times
- Delicious & Creative Meals
- Price Point*
- Portion Sizes