Top Chef Product Review
Top Chef Product Review
The meals sampled for the purpose of this product review can be seen below:
BBQ Pulled Pork with Green Beans
Lemon Ginger Turkey Meatballs with Broccoli
Sliced Roast Loin of Pork with Apple Gravy, Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
Seared Salmon with Brown Butter Sauce, Herbed Brown Rice, Dried Cranberries and Italian Blend [EXTRA PROTEIN]
Pecan Crusted Chicken with Zucchini
Dry Rub Baby Back Ribs with Brussel Sprouts
If you have followed along this year as we reviewed a handful of prepped meals, you will have seen the wide variety of premium, average and exceptional options from various brands. Top Chef meals were easily at the top of the list for exceptional meals, especially for athletes, and here’s why…
- Quality: The Top Chef meals are frozen only the night before they are shipped to your door, ensuring that no corners are cut when it comes to taste and quality of each dish. There are absolutely no preservatives, chemicals, or trans fats involved in the preparation of your meal. For the absolute best results from your Top Chef meals, they do advise that you allow the meal to fully defrost in the refrigerator the night before.
- Presentation & Taste: The photos above do not even do justice to just how well each meal is presented and how delicious they really are. These were truly high-quality meals that would be difficult to distinguish from a 5-star restaurant.
- Macros: This has been a huge topic for previous reviews and one that has always been a bit disappointing. Many brands will claim that they are designed for athletes, but then the macros never reflect that. Not with Top Chef, as you can see above these are quite sizable portions, this is something Rich and I consistently struggle with finding, so to have meals that tasted so good and allowed us to hit our caloric needs was a tremendous win for us.
Overall our experience was one of excitement because we knew we were in for a great write-up and were excited to tell our audience about our experience. Delicious meals, crazy-fast delivery and GREAT PORTIONS. If there is one thing we could shout from the roof-tops to other brands it would be “GIVE US LARGER PORTIONS!”. Athletes do two things incredibly well, train and EAT, so please- if you are a prepped meal company, take notes from Top Chef.
- Price: Top Chef meals range anywhere from $6.50 – $10.20. Most meals have a sizable main and 1-2 sides, saving you time and money on shopping and preparation.
- Variety: The Top Chef menu is vast, to say the least. Below are the various options offered when purchasing from Top Chef:
- Paleo Meals
- Family Style
- Soups, Shakes
- Desserts and Extras!
- MEALS, con’t
- A La Carte
- Easy Order Packages
- Kids Plans
- Diet Plans
- Senior Meals
- Custom Meals
- DIETARY INTERESTS
- Low Sodium
- Gluten Free
- Diary Free
- Low Fat
- Renal Diet
- Shipping: Below you can see the Top Chef delivery zones. Click Here to read more about shipping criteria.
- Fun Options!: Even though these meals we are about to mention were not part of the dishes we sampled, we thought it important to point out as this is the first brand that we have seen offer Fun Options.
- For example, Thanksgiving Dinner For Two and a Complete Romantic Meal Package.
This is less of a negative and more something we want our audience to be aware of when purchasing. As we stated before, these meals are best consumed after they have properly defrosted in your fridge overnight. We understand the excitement and wanting to dive into your delicious new meals, but trust us on this, it is well worth the wait.
Finally, we did notice that with the Seared Salmon in particular that although it was a delicious dish, the intensity of the salmon flavor caused the vegetables to also taste like salmon. Not a problem if you love salmon, which we do, but maybe not how you want your greens to taste.
Overall the usefulness for athletes was a solid 10 out of 10.
Delicious meals, well-balanced, fast delivery, prepared with freshness and quality in mind and ultimately- TRULY FIT FOR ATHLETES!
- Quality of Meals
- Delivery Time
- Caloric Count
- Wide Selection