Simply Tera’s Product Review
Rich and I have recently had the opportunity to test not one, but FOUR of Simply Tera’s premium Grass Fed Whey and Organic Protein Powders! The sample flavors can be seen below:
So, what makes Simply Tera’s different?
The Tera brand is supported by three main pillars; providing pure ingredients, simple nutrition and earth friendly products. Tera’s products have a protein count that range from 18g – 30g and are not made with artificial ingredients or unnatural flavors. In fact, most of their proteins have 5 ingredients or less.
The “Simply Tera” way means that you are provided with the cleanest ingredients that are aimed to be both simple in composition, yet delicious in taste.
This sustainable and balanced purpose is first bred in the production process where extreme steps are taken to ensure that the Simply Tera’s products are created in the most earth friendly way imaginable.
At tera’s®, we don’t just think about sustainability, we practice sustainability. We source our dairy from local dairy farms and artisan cheese makers to eliminate excessive carbon emission from vehicle transportation. We use an ultra-filtration process to minimally impact the whey, keeping it as close to its natural form as possible. The water used during the whey-making process is later recycled and used to clean our facility. And, our roof is painted white to help reflect the sun’s rays and keep our factory cooler in summer, reducing energy use.
Our Experience: Pros & Cons
- PROTEIN: Every person, at every age, needs to consume adequate protein to replenish their body each day. Everyone can benefit from protein, but for some, including athletes and older adults, the standard requirement isn’t enough. They need to consume additional protein in order to meet their protein needs. What we loved most about the Simply Tera’s line is the protein count per 2 very small serving sizes averaged anywhere from 18 – 30 grams. The link above can help you calculate your exact protein requirements. Protein has been shown to aid weight loss by boosting metabolism and reducing appetite. Whey protein can help increase fat loss while preserving lean muscle mass. Simply Tera’s organic whey protein is a complete source of protein, providing all 9 essential amino acids. Our organic whey protein is crafted to be high quality, clean, rBGH/rBST free, nonGMO, Gluten Free Certified, Soy Free, Kosher, Artisan Crafted and Cold Pressed/Non Denatured.
- TASTE: All of the flavors sampled for the purpose of this review were delicious, our favorites being the Organic Coconut Protein Blend and the Grass Fed Bourbon Vanilla! These proteins are delicious but subtle enough to be used in shakes, oatmeal, and even to create incredible pancakes! Rich and I have incorporated the proteins into almost every meal in one form or another as the flavors are rich and tasty but not so overwhelming that you feel like you’re eating a chalky, bland dust like most protein powders. Check out Simply Tera’s selection of Recipes when using their line!
- SIMPLE (CLEAN) INGREDIENTS: We are always on the hunt for quality products that provide the best unsaturated and clean ingredients as possible. Simply Tera’s does an impeccable job at maintaining the integrity of their ingredients to give you clean, artisan crafted, cold processed (non denatured) and non GMO products.
- PRICE (ON WEBSITE):When it comes to true quality of a product, we try not to let the sticker price affect us too much when purchasing. However, something to be mindful of – when it comes to Simply Tera’s, you are paying for premium, clean ingredients that taste delicious, so expect the price to be a bit steeper than most lower quality protein blends currently on the market. The container sizes are roughly 12-14.8oz with an average of 12 servings per container for the total price of $29.99-$33.99. Take advantage of FREE SHIPPING offered to orders over $50!
- PRICE (ON AMAZON): Consider this portion a PRO in our book. When purchasing on Amazon, sizes range up to 24oz and cost as low as $27.95.
Usefulness For Athletes
We have rated the Usefulness For Athletes at a 9.
Simply Tera’s are experts in premium, simple and well-balanced ingredients so rest-assured that they can provide you with some of the best protein blends out there. However, even with the larger sizes of 24 oz, for myself or Rich to reach the necessary protein requirements per day, we would need a few servings each and with the container size being what it is, we can see how it would be quite easy to burn through them very quickly.
That being said, we would much rather know exactly what we are putting into our body, how it’s made and the benefits behind each ingredient- than to skimp and save a few pennies on a far less superior product.
Overall we have scored this product as a 9.
We highly encourage anyone looking for a pure protein blend to improve their active lifestyle to try out the delicious selection offered by Simply Tera’s. As we stated before, these are more than just a protein powder, these are ingredients and products you can use to supplement every meal and transform them into something truly delicious and GOOD FOR YOU that will fuel you properly and efficiently. Who doesn’t love that?
TERA’S® PROVIDES THE HIGHEST QUALITY, NUTRITION FOR YOUR VIBRANT LIFESTYLE.
- Simple (clean) Ingredients
- Customer Service
- Usefulness For Athletes