Mike’s Recovery Mineral Soaks Product Review
Over the past 30 days, Rich and I have had the opportunity to thoroughly test out the Mikes Recovery Mineral Soaks. What initially drew us to the brand was Mikes aim to be the world’s greatest athletic soak, utilizing unique blends of essential oils at higher concentrations than you’ve ever experienced. Perfect for athletes of all skill levels and passion.
The purpose of Mike’s Recovery is simple: to craft seriously natural, restorative products to promote athletic performance and speed recovery.
As any athlete knows, there is no progress without first recovery. “A new study in the Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports suggests that swapping the ice tub for a relaxing soak in a hot bath can trigger performance-boosting adaptations that mimic how the body adjusts to hot weather. That is particularly valuable for those training through cold conditions – a Canadian winter, say – for a springtime race where the weather can be unexpectedly hot”.
Below is a full list of The Indispensable Mineral Soak 2lb Pouch Combo that we received for reviewing:
Caution: Use only as directed. For adult external use only. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Discontinue use if rash, redness, or itching occurs. Consult your physician if irritation persists. Keep out of reach of children.
As an avid lover of Epsom salt baths, you can imagine my excitement when we received not one but three bags of Mike’s Recovery Mineral Soaks for review.
RESTORE: is the ideal post-workout mineral soak for athletes who push to their limits. A reset button for your body and mind after massive physical and mental exertion.
MIKE’S BLEND is a complex and balancing soak, both meditative and calming. Uplifting to the mind and body, perfect for everyday use and recovery. Breathe, feel, release.
REST: uses an essential oil blend targeted at calming the mind and relaxing an exhausted body. Meant for use on days that your brain is drained from multiple days of work or gym (perfect for rest days). Expect to sleep like a rock, don’t make plans.
Rich and I could immediately sense the difference in the Mikes Recovery Mineral Soaks as opposed to standard epsom salt baths. The aromas were quite powerful and really created a full relaxing recovery process for us both.
It was important to us that this review was not just our opinions alone. We wanted to hear from individuals who put their body through a different kind of workout. So, in order to do this, I recruited the help of my father, Albert. A 55 year old construction worker by day and horse trainer by night, oh and not to mention, a below the knee amputee who doesn’t know the word “quit”.
I gave my father all three options to test out, the Rest, Restore and Mike’s Blend soaks. I was pleased to hear that my beliefs in the Mike’s Recovery Mineral Soaks were also endorsed by the toughest man I know. He said that the next day his body felt “alive”, “rejuvenated” and to his own surprise there was “relief I had not experienced in years”. Another key element for him was the overall experience that the aromas created. In those moments of soaking- much like Rich and I experienced first hand, you truly feel as if you are treating yourself to a luxury that few can enjoy.
Our Experience: Positives
So first let’s start out with all of the Mike’s Recovery Mineral Soaks positives.
- Aesthetics. Wonderfully packaged, subtle design, appropriate name for what the product does
- Aroma. This was a huge one for us. The aromas of all three options listed above are unlike any other Epsom salt, or bath bomb experience we have had before. It’s an immersive luxury experience that leaves you wanting more.
- Price. The Essential Mineral Soak 2 lb Pouch Combo that we received is currently on sale for $48.30, which for the relief and overall experience that we received is an absolute steal. If you are only in need one one or even six bag(s), Mike’s Recovery has a great array of options all priced incredibly generously for any active individual in desperate need of sweet relief.
- Sensations. The aroma of the soaks alone are enough to make you drift off to your happy place, but the feeling you experience once your soak has concluded is what’s really amazing! I was at ease from head to toe and put into full body relaxation mode. I especially loved how smooth and alive the soaks made my skin feel. Total body rejuvenation.
- Aimed At Athlete Recovery. Mikes Recovery Mineral Soaks are created with unique blends of essential oils (combinations you won’t find anywhere else) in incredibly high concentrations to address athletic recovery specifically. They use high quality sea salt in place of Epsom salts, which contains far more essential macro and trace minerals. All this while being handcrafted in small batches to ensure freshness (oils evaporate over time).
Our Experience: Negatives
We found it near impossible to find anything negative to say about the Mike’s Recovery Mineral Soaks, that is why we labeled this product as the Athletes Insight Athletes Choice!
It should be noted, Mike’s Recovery Mineral Soaks are not intended for children’s use as the potency and purity of the essential oils they use are for adults only. This also goes for all pregnant and nursing ladies out there.
Finally, this should go without saying, but I’ll say it anyway, please do not eat the Mineral Soaks. You can bathe in them, rub them on your skin, stare at them intensely, or tell them awkward jokes, but no ingesting please.
Overall we were thrilled to have had the opportunity to review a product specifically designed for individuals like you and I. Mike’s extensive sports massage therapy and aromatherapy expertise has allowed him to craft a one of a kind experience that targets the direct needs of many active and achy individuals, including ourselves.
This is a product and company that Athletes Insight is very excited to get behind and share with you, our awesome audience.
The next big thing in athlete and active individuals recovery.
- Aimed At Athlete Recovery