Burrow Sofa or Couch Reviewed
As you may know, we are often on the go, packing up our things and hauling them across a country or two, so it was only fitting to introduce a Burrow review of their sofa/couch setup into the next line of our lifestyle product write-ups.
For this review, we had the opportunity to assemble and love the Love Seat in Charcoal with high arms and black metal legs by Burrow.
They say: “The Burrow Sofa is made with the highest quality, good for your home materials. Its cushions are comprised of comfy yet supportive polyurethane foam and stain-resistant fabric and our frame is made from durable pinewood. Every piece is sustainably sourced and made in the US.”
We very graciously received the love seat above from Burrow. If there is ever a time to review furniture, it’s best to do it when you have the space! Thankfully, we didn’t have an apartment full of sofas to maneuver in a tetris-like fashion.
Speaking of block building, the loveseat came in 3 well labelled (large!) boxes, with letters, short instructions, and pointers abound. The instructions themselves were very clear and it quickly became apparent that this is a modular setup; that is to say, we received two individual seat attachments, which clip together using a latch system, and two arm bits, which use a lever fastening mechanism.
All in all this meant that it was ridiculously easy to put the sofa together, to the point that no tools were needed (perfect for us), and even the sofa legs only required thumb-screws, which Burrow also provides. It reminded me a bit of airplane components the way it all fastened together, and means that should we want to change our two seater into a three, four, or nine seater sofa, we would just need to buy extra seat parts and fasten them together. The longevity of this piece of furniture seems endless!
Our means to assembly this Love Seat was essentially a messier version of this:
Dimensions 36” Depth x 61” Length
When you buy the sofa from Burrow.com you get to choose things like the color, the arm height and even the types of legs you would like. We chose high arms, because we like to spread out and sit sideways, so with this design it doubles up as a nice backrest. Basically, I can vouch for the high arm option. Also, for any last minute babysitters in a pinch (as we were), if you ever choose to put the sofa facing a wall, you have created some sort of crib. I am sure that is not what Burrow intended when creating this functional sofa, but you get the idea.
They say: Durability- Whether we’re dropping 500-pound weights on our couches, or using our innovative “dog paw scratch test” – we do durability testing like no one else. Life’s full of surprises- your couch falling apart should never be one of them.
It certainly seems durable, the materials remind me of almost a tweed-like material and something that will last.
Below you can see our full assembly of the Love Seat in Charcoal!
They say: Stain resistant- Spilled something? Don’t sweat it – Burrow fabrics are totally stain resistant and can be cleaned with water and bleach or a bit of dish soap. Bring on the crazy wine and cheese parties. We’ll cheers to that!
This I can confirm- spilled cereal, no drama! You can’t tell at all.
So what are some of the benefits of having a sofa like this?
- GETTING THROUGH DOORS. If you have moved as much as we have (and we always do it ourselves because we ain’t too proud!) you will know that getting sofa’s through tight spaces, round corners, through doors and up staircases can be as much an exercise in logic as well as physical muscle. So it was wonderful to be able to just bring the three boxes in from FedEx and put it together. Because of this, it means the sofa will likely stay with us a very long time, because it can go wherever we go!
- Like that ‘tufted’ look to your cushions? Great, it comes with it. Hate it? Great, it comes without it. Just depends which side you flip the cushions around. Fashionable forever, hooray.
- You can plug in your sofa! Down the left side there is a little USB port to charge your goodies. Nice touch, Burrow.
- It’s probably not as luxurious as some sofas we have seen (and trust me when I say we have seen a lot of sofas in our time), but the thing sure seems sturdy and durable.
Our Experience: Positives
- No Tools Required: You need nothing on hand to assemble your beautiful new furniture from Burrow, and everything is assembled extremely FAST!
- Longevity: Furniture that grows with you. You can make your 1-seater into a 2- or 3-seater whenever it suits you.
- Stain Resistant
- Easy to Maneuver (especially for those in an apartment!)
- Versatility: You can have either choose tufted OR flat-style cushions, depending on your mood.
- Aesthetics: With versatility also comes the overall aesthetics of the sofa. The fabric is incredibly smooth and high quality, making this a gorgeous focal point for any modern style abode.
- Charging Port: Built in USB for maximum charging!
Our Experience: Negatives
With Burrow offering a 30-day trial, free shipping, and easy financing, if you need a sofa, and live in an apartment, you’d be hard pressed to find something better that is so readily available. You don’t have to wait an obscene amount of time for your sofa to be delivered, so it is ideal for first time apartment types. It is also a big step up from many sofa’s you will find at Ikea- personally, we don’t find many of their couches very comfortable. All in all, a great addition to our home. We love it!
The love seat we received runs at $795 including shipping.
With Burrow offering a 30-day trial, free shipping, and easy financing, if you need a sofa, and live in an apartment, you'd be hard pressed to find something better that is so readily available. You don't have to wait an obscene amount of time for your sofa to be delivered, so it is ideal for first time apartment types.
- No Tools Required
- Stain Resistant
- Easy to Maneuver
- Charging Port