Bound 3-in-1 Plyo Box Product Review
- Easy Construction
- Instruction Manual
(Pin This Image)
Recently we had the opportunity to conduct a product review on a Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box. Bound aims to separate from the competition by specializing in superior plyometric boxes and not falling into the pit of cheap, low-quality products that are currently saturating the fitness industry.
This standard of business is what initially intrigued us by Bound and proved to be the very foundation that the company is built upon.
Continue reading to see why we believe this plyo box should be in every crossfit box, gym, and home in near future.
Bound offers a wide variety of options to choose from. Prices and sizes as seen below:
This product review was conducted on the 16/20/24 Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyometric Box (3/4 inch thick Plywood).
If you were “lucky” enough to tune in to our LIVE on the Athletes Insight Instagram, you would have witnessed first hand how simple it was for even an inexperienced carpenter like myself to put together the 16/20/24 Bound box in under 20 minutes!
An incredibly neat and proprietary way Bound separates themselves from standard plyo boxes is that they use a CNC router which allows them to construct very accurate parts to make a tight box that when assembled, would be strong even before using screws and glue. Which as I stated before, if you had seen our LIVE, you would have seen me accidentally miss a handful of screws during the assembly of the box and then proceed to jump on it multiple times before realizing my error!
Thankfully, the plyo box held firm and was ready to be taken into the gym. Both Rich and I have taken our fair share of burpees, box, jumps, dropped weights, and pistol-squats to this box and it has endured the beatings completely.
The box is very lightweight and offers a variety of handles carved into the box to allow for easy transportation. The box is made from a premium grade wood from the rain forests of Chile. The wood itself is very sturdy and smooth to the touch so there is no need to worry about splitting wood or splinters.
- Easy Construction: Overall the assembly of the box was quick and painless. I personally did not even bother with the glue and have experienced no issues because of it. Even Jason, the owner of Bound, stated that the glue is there simply to add to stability but is not a requirement.
- Appearance: To put this quite simply, this is a pretty cool box to have in our gym now. The wood and grains of the wood are (in our opinion) a great touch and allows the wood to take a beating, get scuffed, have normal wear and tear and still look awesome. It’s a very clean design without an excess of branding all over it to ruin the aesthetics.
- Instruction Manual: No need to be an experienced carpenter, Bound has thoroughly tested and tried their instruction manual to ensure that it is easy to understand and as user friendly as ever.
- Shipping: Shipments are incredibly quick and come neatly organized in their flat-pack box and are equipped with the majority of the tools needed to assemble your new box!
- Price: For our model, the 16/20/24 this plyo box can be purchased for $89.95 through Amazon and it comes disassembled with pre-drilled holes, screws, a drill bit, and optional wood glue. At this price, you can see below how great of a deal you are really getting for this level of quality.
Don’t believe us? Don’t just take our word for it. As you can see below, Bound wood plyo boxes are killing it on Amazon and their customers, like us, are more than satisfied.
- Awareness: We appreciate the direction that Bound has taken their company in creating quality products at an affordable price. That is why it is very frustrating to see that their social presence is still in the works! This is definitely a product we hope to see lead the market and believe it can do so easily if they were in the faces of more readers like you!
Multi-sided plyo boxes are great because you essentially get 3 plyo boxes in the 1 piece of equipment (that’s why they’re also called 3-in-1 plyo boxes!). Because of this, the Bound plyo box shape makes them extremely adaptable as as their are different heights to work with depending on which of its sides you have it sitting on. This type of plyo box is one that will grow with you, which is why they’re great for people that are new to plyometrics and are aiming to build up to more demanding exercises over time.
Besides the basic functions and capabilities of the boxes that Bound provides, the customer service and passion for the craft offered by Jason Sooter, Emily Donnelly and their woodshop experts far surpasses any experience we have had with previous equipment companies. You can trust that you and your product are in great hands and constructed at the highest level of quality.
Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box Product Review. This product review was conducted on the 16/20/24 Bound 3-in-1 Wood Plyometric Box (3/4 inch thick Plywood). Multi-sided plyo boxes are great because you essentially get 3 plyo boxes in the 1 piece of equipment (that’s why they’re also called 3-in-1 plyo boxes).
- Easy Construction
- Instruction Manual